Q Youth Resources
Position Title: Marketing and Publications Coordinator
Responsible To: President or Vice President of the Board of Directors
Term: One year, can be renewed.
Position Summary: Responsible for the development, design, and production of marketing and publication materials for QYR.
- Design new marketing materials for QYR including a brochure, poster, and business card.
- Create promotional materials for youth programming, QYR special events, and outreach.
- Collaborate with board members and other volunteers to ensure cohesive messaging that reflects the mission and goals of QYR for all materials and publications
- Create copy for materials and publications
- Attend quarterly board meetings
- Be able to work well with a diverse group of persons, including being receptive to the ideas and suggestions of others
- Be able to communicate well in writing and orally
- Be able to use design programs in the adobe or apple creative suites (or comparable software)
- Be able to create unique, compelling, and visually appealing designs
- Be able to learn and utilize the free online tools Canva and Vertical Response
- Have a commitment to Queer youth and the goals and objectives of QYR
- Minimum ten hours per month
- Attendance at quarterly Board meetings
- Use skills and learn new skills for personal and professional development
- Collect marketing and publications materials for your portfolio
- Meet new people throughout the community
- Network with professionals throughout Kitsap County and the Puget Sound region